I was going to write a post listing all the things about my husband that annoy me. It was not going to be a short list and after getting into it, I started feeling not so good about myself for writing it. I decided instead of hating on my husband, I’d write a list of thing that I do which I’m sure must annoy him, even though he’s nice enough not to mention them, let alone go around making lists cataloging my flaws. 😉
1. I pick all the good stuff out of any food that has good stuff in it – cookie dough from the ice cream, marshmallows from the cereal, the good dried fruit bits from the mixed dried fruit – and leave the rest for him.
2. I leave clumps of hair in the shower drain and then bitch at him when he sticks it to the shower wall (cause that’s gross!).
3. Sometimes I have a little too much wine and tell him a bunch of stuff and then the next morning I tell him all the same stuff because I don’t remember that I already told him.
4. More times than not, I don’t do dishes or clean up after myself when I cook. I will never switch the laundry. I save a nice big mess for when he comes home from work then I act like I’m completely overwhelmed and just need a break.
5. I have the shortest temper of anyone I’ve ever met.
6. It doesn’t matter who I’m mad at, I take it out on him.
7. I’m a nag. Totally.
8. I get in moods where I want to get everything done. Like right away and all at the same time. I start off all determined, get mad when it doesn’t get done as quickly as I thought it would, get frustrated and overwhelmed and take a break that sometimes lasts weeks. And then I get mad at him because the things aren’t done.
9. This has happened several times now: I pick out a color to paint a wall. I buy the paint and he paints it. Then I wait a few weeks, hate the color and make him repaint some other color. He is now repainting our bedroom, because when I was about five months pregnant, I decided I wanted it painted blood red. I had this awesome idea in my head about red walls with all black and white decor. Unfortunately, after I bought a bedspread, I forgot about decorating the rest of the room. So it’s a red room with a black and white bedspread and nothing else. I told him he should never have listened to a crazy, twin-pregnancy-hormone-infused woman when she asked for red bedroom walls in the first place. His answer was he would never say no to a crazy, twin-pregnancy-hormone-infused woman no matter what insane thing she wanted. And also, he liked the red walls.
10. Guess who did 99.9% of the overnight feedings with the twins. (hint: it wasn’t me)
Okay, so there you have it. He is not perfect – he has his flaws, but so do I. I am not always, but I can be a pretty shitty wife when I want to be and he has never once complained about me or thrown any of that stuff in my face. Not ever. And he rubs my feet every single night. I am very lucky. 🙂